Posted Tue, 01/04/2011 - 18:13 by administrator
The River Research Institute (RRI) library was started from the beginning of the institute since 1948. It started functioning at 72- Green road (former Koli road) in Dhaka. The library has been shifted from Dhaka to its present location in 1989 at Faridpur. This Library is situated in the campus RRI, which is about 3 km from Faridpur town. It is very nice and modern building having spacious reading room. The total floor area of the library is 3600 square feet. It is the heart point of the institution. The library is managed by the institution. At present library consist of about 15000 (fifteen thousand) collection of related books, journals, research publications, including reference and rare collection also. Every year this library also collects a large number of books both foreign and domestic, journals, research reports, newsletters and many other publications. Many researchers, students and teachers from different institutions use this library for their necessary documents.